Thursday, April 23, 2009

EASTER: The Main Event!

Where, oh where could my Easter basket be. Oh where, oh where could it be?
OH look eggs. How interesting.

What could be under this rather large and oddly shaped blanket?
Yes in our little family we hid all the Easter baskets in different places. Little guy didn't really know he was to look for anything. Daddy had to persuade him to peek under the blanket. When he did. His eyes about popped out!

Yes, it is more Thomas the Train stuff. Why shoot down a good thing? Plus Little Guy had the trains but no train station or track so that is what he got.

He also received a new favorite book, Where the Wild Things Are and a craft apron that can hopefully keep him dry during his dish doing moments. A cheep little basketball hoop with suction cups and ball for the tub. Everyone knows you can't be to entertained when it comes to bath time.

Ya all he really wanted was the train track!! Daddy couldn't get it out of the box fast enough for Little Guy.

This is what we will be seeing for a very, very long time. No other toy will do.

We had to through in Easter breakfast. Well mama did. German pancakes are the tradition after all. Yummmm!

After church the mama let Little Guy play fully dressed in the empty tub with his new basketball hoop. It was also a HIT!

I had to put this in. Perhaps I am the only one that finds humor in this video, put it makes me laugh every time. I have now moved the hoop to the other, less "hazardous" side of the tub.


He loved the eggs too but nothing could keep his attention like the trains.

Trains, Easter baskets what ever filled them was wonderful. However, the true beauty of the holiday is what can fill our hearts and souls. The Resurrection of our dear LORD JESUS CHRIST. HIS love and peace will enlighten the mind and soften the heart. Bless be to GOD for HIS love in sending us HIS son and so doing providing the marvelous plan of HAPPINESS.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Those German Pancakes look pretty impressive. I always have to eat them alone when I make them because someone in our family is not a fan. Your little man is getting to be so grown up...and so cute.

Jill Oyler said...

Adorable pictures! The video of him playing basketball made me laugh also. Thanks for sharing. Also, I loved the video from the Sound of Music - I probably wouldn't have joined in, but I would have felt the beat from the side lines. Take care!

Aunt Jill

Beth said...

I totally stole your German pancakes for breakfast on Easter morning idea!! I have been doing it for years and I think of you everytime!

Cute pictures! Love the new Thomas stuff. We had oodles of Thomas toys and they rock! That little man of yours is so adorable!