Monday, January 23, 2012

HALLOWEEN 2011

So this last Halloween we had so many stinken cute costume options that we had to put Lil'Guy and Sweet Pea in them all. Our first Halloween adventure was a good friend's Halloween Party. Lil'Guy decided to wear his Lightning McQueen Driver's suit. What a tough looking driver. Good thing he doesn't know what road rage is.
Sweet Pea wore her Lady Bug get-up provided by Buckabooe. Yep she was way to cute for a bug.
We also went to a friend's ward Halloween Party. Our ward wasn't having one so we thought we would crash theirs. Lil'Guy liked this costume best for the night. I am sure the cute girls by his side had nothing to do with his choice. I love my super boy!
Here is a better picture of Sweet Pea in her pumpkin costume. I bought this years ago, before I ever met Hubby. One year a store had left over costumes for next to nothing. I was so excited that it fit her. She is the cutest little pumpkin I have ever seen. Our last party was the morning of Halloween. I was helping out with our preschool's Halloween party. Lil'Guy felt like the coolest kid at the party. Nana provided this costume for him and he almost worn it out before hand. Pretty good looking storm trooper if you ask me. We had a nice spread of theme food and the kids loved it.
Sweet Pea is dawning the second of my pre-mama purchases. I have never seen such an adorable cheetah in all my life. I had to post two of these. The second one still makes me shake with laughter every time I see it. It's like she knew how to act like a cheetah at five months old.
When it comes to carving pumpkins, I gut and Hubby carves.

Lil'Guy wanted to design our pumpkins this year. He had a good old time drawing what they should look like.
Here is our funny family pumpkin carving celebration picture. We really did have a good time. haha!Pumpkin Loving!
A good friend gave us some of her children's old costumes. They were so cute but a little small for Lil'Guy. He wanted to put them on to play with. I kept telling him that they wouldn't fit but he wouldn't stop begging. So I told him he could try them on. Once he realized that I had spoken the truth, all he wanted to do was take them off. This was so funny that I just had to take pictures. Needless to say Lil'Guy was not pleased. I think I made the right decision.
The big night came. All dressed up in our costumes, the whole family set out for a fun time.
Lil'Guy had a ball as Woody. Hubby a Redbull drinker.(Yes those are wings on his back.) I thought I would develop a Domestic goddess costume complete with a 3 foot long to-do list.
Sweet Pea got a darling lamb costume from Nana. She was such a trooper being dressed up so much.
We all had such a wonderful time dressing up. Halloween is such a fun holiday. We hope this was worth the wait. We thought the kids were to cute to miss. We hope you also had a good Halloween even if it was almost three months ago.






1 comment:

meg baker said...

Defiantly worth the wait. Oh Sweet Pea is growing up so quickly and she is adorable and Lil Guy is very handsome!